The Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine builds upon its rich array of clinical programs and facilities to initiate and support outstanding venues for multidisciplinary collaborative investigation. The Division and affiliated faculty have successfully obtained extramural funding from both federal and non-federal sources, which has led to the development of several Centers/Institutes conducting important and exciting research, including:
- Center for Research on End-of-Life Care: Founded in 2014, this Cornell-wide research center sponsored by WCMC and NYPH supports studies to improve clinical care of terminally ill patients and family caregivers.
- Center for Aging Research and Clinical Care: Coordinates all aging and palliative care research activities throughout Cornell, including WCMC and the Ithaca campus, including:
- Research on later-life pain with a particular focus on translational research;
- Research that supports studies to improve intervention and treatment of elder abuse; and
- Research initiatives in areas such as: palliative medicine, medical education, and communication.